Privacy & Information
CamdenPAs recognises that it has a duty to those whose information it holds to treat that information responsibly, keep it safe and secure and process it correctly and proportionally.
What personal information do we collect and what do we do with it?
CamdenPAs will use your personal data for a limited number of purposes, and at all times within the rules set out in the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will process personal data for the following purposes:
- For the purpose to which you provided the information.
- To allow the CamdenPAs to be able to communicate and provide services appropriate to your needs.
- Where the processing is necessary for CamdenPAs to comply with its legal obligations, e.g. the prevention and/or detection of crime.
- Where you have consented to the processing.
- Where necessary to protect individuals from harm or injury or
- Where otherwise permitted under the Data Protection Act 1998, e.g. disclosure to comply with legal obligations. For further information on the Data Protection Act refer to the Information Commissioner’s website.
In deciding what personal data to collect, hold and use, CamdenPAs is committed to ensuring that it will:
- Recognise that any personal data handled by CamdenPAs is held on behalf of that person and that we ensure we respect that responsibility.
- Adopt and maintain high standards in respect of the handling and use of that personal data.
- Only collect, hold and use personal data where it is necessary and proportionate to do so.
- Securely delete any personal data when no longer needed
- Keep your personal data secure and safe.
- Not unnecessarily and without good reason, infringe the privacy of those upon behalf we hold data.
- Consider and address the privacy risks first when planning to use or hold personal information in new ways, such as when introducing new systems.
- Be open with individuals about how we use their information and who we give it to.
- Make it easy for individuals to access and correct their personal information.
- Ensure that there is effective safeguards and systems in place to make sure personal information is kept securely and does not fall into the wrong hands.
- Provide training to staff who handle personal information and treat it as a disciplinary matter if they misuse or don’t look after personal information properly.
- Put appropriate financial and human resources into looking after personal information to make sure we can live up to our promises.
- Regularly check that we are living up to our promises and report on how we are doing.
CamdenPAs may disclose personal data to third parties, but only where it is necessary, either to comply with a legal obligation, or where permitted under the Data Protection Act, e.g. where the disclosure is necessary for the purposes of the prevention and/or detection of crime, or where it is necessary to allow a third party working for or on behalf of CamdenPAs.
No personal information you have given us will be passed on to third parties for commercial purposes.
Using Your Personal Data
We will use the information you provide for the following purposes:
Use of your information
CamdenPAs will collect, store and use the information you provide in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. We will only collect enough information to provide you with services. We will try to keep your information accurate and up to date, and to only keep it to provide you with a service.
CamdenPAs may disclose personal data to third parties, but only where it is necessary:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- For the prevention or detection of crime,
- To allow a partner organisation to act on behalf of CamdenPAs.
CamdenPAs (and our partner organisations) will keep your personal data secure using all of the required technical and organisational security measures.